Strong search rankings are fundamental for business-to-business (B2B) companies looking to succeed with their digital marketing strategies. Content marketing strategies like blogging can be used for B2B companies to improve search rankings and increase organic traffic to their website.
Whether you’re already blogging and looking for best practices or you need to create a fresh strategy to start out, read below to learn about the importance of blogging in improving SEO rankings and increasing organic search traffic.
Why is Blogging so Important?
Blogging is an affordable, quick and easy method of content marketing that results in numerous benefits. In addition to increasing awareness, blogging also works to develop a clear brand voice and establish credibility in your industry.
Building a credible online presence is vital for high search rankings, making blogging and “backlinking” through posts a crucial tactic. Backlinking to your previous blog articles or other resources on your website in your new blog posts is one of the best ways to improve your SEO and increase page views. Not only does keeping people on your site and benefit your time on page metric; it also proves your authority to Google. Even when links aren’t being clicked by visitors, they still work to boost SEO through increasing domain authority on the back end.
Blogging not only increases the credibility of your website, but it also establishes you and your business as an active thought leader in your industry. Blogging is also a fantastic SEO tactic to improve search engine rankings and increase organic traffic to your website. Through creating fresh, consistent and relevant content with rich keywords and backlinking, SEO for your website can be improved and strengthened over time.
While blogging has many benefits, it’s important to remember that to be effective, blogs must spark some kind of value for the reader. Whether it’s useful industry tips, expert interviews, or another form of value-added content, blogs must be helpful, informative, or entertaining in order to be effective in establishing a meaningful connection with the reader.
What Blog Strategies Work Best for B2B Companies?
Blogging is a very effective content marketing tactic for B2B companies. Successful blogging can lead to increased brand awareness, improved credibility and ultimately, stronger and more valuable client connections. Some popular B2B blogging strategies include:
- Thought Leadership- Establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry by sparking an important conversation. This will demonstrate to your audience that you have your finger on the pulse of the industry and showcase your unique insights and viewpoint.
- Success Stories- Share stories of client successes to show your audience more of your brand voice, the client journey, and build credibility based on your results. This tactic can be especially effective with an audience that is already in the consideration phase.
- Industry Interviews- Share insightful interviews with industry professionals. This will not only expand your professional network, it will also create a higher potential reach and increase your credibility in the industry.
- Company Culture- Highlight team members or showcase elements of company culture. People-centric content is very effective at creating more genuine, personal connections. This can be in the form of a quick biography or an overview of a company event or competition.
- Hot Topics- Build credibility while sharing opinions on hot industry topics. Again, this will demonstrate to readers that you’re up to date on current events and relevant issues while establishing yourself as an industry thought leader.
While there are many creative directions for blogging in B2B, the above list is a good place to start for businesses new to the tactic. Overall, if you’re still lacking inspiration, check out some competitor’s websites to see what they’re blogging about and try your luck at similar topics. In all blogging efforts, it is important to follow best practices to ensure you’re taking advantage of SEO boosting opportunities and creating meaningful, relevant content.
89% of B2B marketers believe that content marketing is an important strategy effective at gaining new clients.
KWSM works as an extension of your team to carefully craft fully developed and expertly researched blog posts that will keep your clients engaged.
CLICK HERE to learn more about creating the results you’re looking for with an effective content marketing strategy.