Did you know there are an estimated 31 million bloggers in the United States? These bloggers generate more than 500,000 new posts a day. And their content is responsible for 29 billion website views a month. These views include both traffic to their websites and those of businesses and companies.
Who are these bloggers?
- 60% are women
- 50% are between the ages of 18 and 34
- 7 out of 10 have gone to college
- 1 in 3 are moms
- 52% are parents with kids under 18 years-old in their household
Bloggers are some of the most engaged users in the social media world. More than 65% of bloggers follow brands on social media. And they are nearly three times more likely to interact with the online content your business releases.
How are they influencing your potential customers?
- 61% of U.S. consumers have made a purchase based on a product or service featured on a blog
- 81% of internet users trust information and advice they read on popular blogs like Huffington Post, Mashable and Business Insider
- 70% of U.S. consumers learn about a company through blog posts rather than advertisements
Bloggers cannot be ignored. Social media enables them to interact with more businesses and their opinions matter to consumers. They also rival mainstream media outlets that in the past would be the primary targets for covering your business news.
Finding ways to leverage blogger influence for your business can drive more traffic to your social media channels and website.
How can you get on their radar?
- Examine your current followers to see if any of them are bloggers
- Follow bloggers that cover your industry on social media
- Observe how bloggers are writing about your industry and create attention-grabbing content
- Interact with content on blogs about your industry, and share it with your followers
- Offer bloggers a free sample of your product so they can review or use it as a reader giveaway
- Offer to write a guest blog post for a blog that covers your industry
- Host an offline event where bloggers can interact with your brand
Want more social media demographics and tips? Find us on Facebook!